Friday, October 24, 2008

The Countdown is On

It is hard to believe that in less than two weeks I will be boarding a plane to Thailand! As I finish packing up my apartment this weekend and say good bye to Chicago, I am feeling a little bittersweet about this next step in my life. It is hard to leave great friends and a great job, but the excitement and challenge of the adventures that lie ahead in the next year make the move a bit easier.
Wednesday is my last day at Grant Thornton before driving back to Minnesota to spend a week at home. My family will be celebrating Grandma Beck’s 80th birthday on November 3rd, so I am looking forward to sharing that special day with everyone. The rest of the week will be spent finishing up last minute preparations for the trip and catching up with everyone! I know these next two weeks will go fast so I am going to savor every minute before leaving the country on November 6th!

4 comments:

Dave Brunn said...

Well, somebody's gotta leave a comment. From those of us back at Carthage, God bless you, Jen! May you serve and learn.

When you have a spare moment, how about a family tree? It appears that you have a huge built-in support group with the Glesne and Beck clans.

Jay K said...

Jen,

It was so nice to see you before you are getting ready to leave. You will do great things for everyone one you meet. So be safe and keep us all posted on how things are going. And if you need any information before going to Africa you know where to come.

Love Ya,

Jason & Danielle

Mom said...

Jen,

We are so proud of you and how you have pursued this opportunity. We will miss you terribly while you are gone but we know you need to expand your wings as you continue your life adventure in this great big world.

You will constantly be in our thoughts and prayers as we ask God to use you to be a blessing to those you meet along the way, as well as to be blessed as you take this journey.

Looking forward to having you home for a few days before you take off. We will treasure the time together.

Love you!
Mom

Greta said...

I am so excited for you. I want to go to Thailand and Africa at some point in my life. Good for you for just doing it. Life's too short. I wish you a safe trip and God Bless!!

Greta