Thursday, October 30, 2008

Itinerary


I think the question asked the most to me leading up to my departure is how are you feeling right now. I am sure that people can hear the excitement in my voice about the year ahead of me, but of course that excitement comes with a little anxiety about the unknown and the yet to be discovered. To most this trip sounds like a year long vacation, but adapting to new cultures, people, and ways of life will be a challenge. Not to mention that I don't speak any Thai yet and I will be teaching students who speak hardly any English. But I am looking forward to everything and wondering how I can pack my life for the next year into 2 suitcases!!

I wanted to include my flight itinerary and housing information for the first month in Thailand in this post. Here is my flight itinerary:

  • Thursday, November 6th, leave Minneapolis/St.Paul at 7:05 p.m. and arrive in Los Angeles at 9:05 p.m.

  • Friday, November 7th, leave Los Angeles at 12:05 a.m. and arrive in Seoul, Korea, at 6:15 a.m. on Saturday, November 8th

  • Leave Seoul, Korea, at 8:40 p.m. and arrive in Chiang Mai, Thailand, at 12:35 a.m. on Sunday, November 9th
On Saturday I am hoping to take a day tour bus around South Korea during my layover. Upon arrival in Chiang Mai I will be able to check into my hotel and spend Sunday exploring the city. My TEFL classes at Chiang Mai University will start on Monday at 9 a.m. sharp, so I don't have much time to get adapted before hitting the books again! Here is a link to the hotel I will be staying at in Chiang Mai during the program http://www.sinthanaresort.com/. The address and contact information are on the site.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen - It's Kate, I met you on the plane to LA - Hope you made it to Chang Mai, I'll check in once in awhile to see how your trip is going. Good for you for taking the trip of a lifetime, you'll never regret it!
Kate Boarder
katieboarder@hotmail.com