Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Plan (subject to change)

My travels begin in Thailand where I will be living for the next 5 months. The first month is going to be spent in Chiang Mai, Thailand (Northern Region) to complete a 3 week Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certification (TEFL) with 20 other adults from all over the world. Once I have finished the certification, the TEFL program will help place me in a school somewhere in Thailand. My contract at the school could last between 3 - 5 months with the option to extend my time in Thailand if I choose. However, my plan now is to move to Eastern Africa for the following 5 months to do mission work. I hope to stay in Zambia for a month and then the rest of my travels in Africa probably will not become definite until after the first of the New Year. I have been in contact with numerous programs that offer opportunities in Kenya, Uganda, and/or Tanzania, so I will keep you posted as I know more details. My disclaimer for this post is that these plans are subject to change. I am open to where the road leads me over the next year. This trip has been a leap of faith and I leave it up to faith to guide me.

I want to encourage everyone to leave comments on the blog page or keep in touch with me via email or facebook. I know that hearing from people will make the transition to overseas much easier. I also want to thank everyone for all the support! I have truly been blessed in my life to have so many wonderful family and friends. I could not have done this without you!

No comments: