Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 65 - Ancient City






Well after being gone for the past couple weeks I decided to stay around Bangkok this weekend to do some more exploring. I stayed in my province of Samut Prakan and to see the highlight of the area which is the Ancient City. The Ancient City was designed by a man to capture and preserve the essence of old Thailand and historical structures that make the country famous. The 15 km area includes replicas of the most famous Wats in Thailand, a floating village, a museum, a handcrafting area, and a beautiful park area. It was nice to be there, because it is a big Thai attraction so there were very few foreigners. I enjoyed just walking around the entire park for the day! Forever I am not a fan of not seeing the "real" Wat or Buddha statue! I think I have seen so many amazing sights that this just didn't compare.

No comments: