Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 68 - fieldtrip to Oceanworld




After I returned from Christmas break I was asked to teach Kindergarten 1 as a homeroom English teacher for 3 hours a day, because their teacher left over the Christmas break. I will continue with my 1st grade class in the morning, but give up my 2nd grade class so I am now a teacher for 22, 3 and 4 year olds. It is a lot of fun and they are pretty good kids. I can't imagine sitting in school at that age learning but they do well and know English better than some of my Primary students.


Today they had a fieldtrip scheduled for Oceanworld in Bangkok, which is an underwater aquarium (it doesn't compare to Seaworld but was perfect for 3 - 4 year olds!) They were so intrigued by the sharks and the penguins! It was a lot of fun to see them interacting and learning in a whole new capacity. Each teacher was in charge of 3 kids so it was a nice small group to chase after for the day!! A day like this is what makes teaching so rewarding!

No comments: