Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 130 - The Next Step

It has been over 4 months since I arrived in Thailand. As I said earlier I can't believe how time flies, because tonight I leave for Africa. The past months have been a wonderful experience for me all around. I have gotten to travel, try my hand at teaching, meet some wonderful people, and just experience a whole new culture. I have been truly blessed to be here and no word or pictures will ever tell the whole story. They are memories I take with me forever!
Now I leave for a whole new journey. Tomorrow I arrive in Lusaka, Zambia, to meet my friend Zack, who has been the main contractor on an orphanage building project, that his church in Iowa is supporting through funds they raised. He has been there along with two other men (and a couple others who have been there for short periods) since November (he left two days before me). I am thrilled to have an opportunity to spend the next 5 - 6 weeks helping with the project that is located a small town called Serenje. I will post more about the project and the journey once I arrive. Here is a link to a video that Pastor Jeff Dodge at Cornerstone produced last spring about the project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0gLKQWxWWU Thanks for all the prayers and support I have received thus far!!

No comments: