Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 19 - 23 Teaching

Well I can officially say that I am a TESOL certified teacher. After completing the classroom work the last two weeks the group was able to go into two different Thai schools to teach. On Monday and Tuesday we were at a primary school and taught students between the ages of 10 - 12 years old. These two days went pretty well, but the English level of the students was very low. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we were at a secondary school where the students ranged from 14 - 18 years old. This group of students did well with their English. It was a lot of fun helping them expand their vocabulary and teach them to speak proper English!



On Friday night the TESOL program threw us a party at the hotel where we dressed in traditional Thai clothing, enjoyed a wonderful Thai meal, watched 5 Thai women perform traditional dances, and sang Karaoke! It was a nice way to wrap up the course and start saying goodbye to the friends we've made over the past couple weeks!






As I reflect over the past couple weeks I feel like I have been on one of my J-term college trips again, because you are in unfamiliar lands with people you don't really know to share in an awesome experience. I can't believe that the lasting friendships that have been established and the special memories that I have been able to share with these people. I have also been thoroughly impressed with the ATI course. I left the US wondering if it was all a scam and was blessed to be in such a great program with great teachers and good contact people in Thailand. If anyone wants more information about this teaching program please let me know!

*****http://picasaweb.google.com/jglesne/GoingAwayDinnerInChiangMai?authkey=4kpSQvUgirI#

*****http://picasaweb.google.com/jglesne/ThailandSchools?authkey=7R5LUewu5QY#

No comments: