Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 208 - St. Margaret's Nursery and Primary School

\\Today I had the opportunity to meet with Mama Tesha, the head administrator at the St. Margaret's Nursery and Primary School in Arusha. I was introduced to Mama Tesha through my good friends from college, Jason and Danielle. Danielle's parents, David and Kim Olson, have been supporting the school for the past couple years. The Olson's started an NGO, called "Zawadi n Zawadi" (means gift to gift in Swahili) and with the support of locals churches in the Elgin/Dundee, IL area, are raising the funds to build a library at the school.
The Olsons were over here last year for three months to help with the construction of the building. They just received the funds to start building the library shelves, so hopefully it will be open soon. Mama Tesha is truly a hero in my eyes as I will document in the blog. She has done so much good for the children in this community and I am excited to be volunteering with her and the children for the next week.

No comments: