Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 222 - Update on Fundraising



Thanks again to everyone back in the states - I have raised over $2,000 in the last week to support the projects in the school and was able to extend the help to the Arusha community. The tables and benches look awesome and the school is so thrilled to start using them! I was also able to give the Plaster House (the recovery home for children who had orthopedic surgery I mentioned in a previous blog) money to buy a couple 100 kg bags of food!


I am going to take the remaining balance to the Hope Children's Center in Serenje to help put towards building a chicken coop to help them become a self sustaining farm, so if anyone still wants to give a donation I will be working on that project when I get back to Zambia! Thanks for all the support!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that your fund raising effort was such a success!